In the laboratory, studies about manufacturing, heat treatment and characterization of metallic based alloys and composites used in functional and structural application areas such as biomedical, automotive and aerospace industry are conducted. Recent studies have mainly focused on Ti6Al4V alloys which are often used in aerospace industry and magnesium based shape memory alloys (Mg-TiNi) generally used in automotive industry. In addition, Ti-Mg alloy (AZ31, AZ91), Ti6Al7Nb-Mg alloy (AZ31, AZ91), manufacturing of Ti6Al4V-Mg alloy (AZ31, AZ91) composites which are having both bioinert and bioabsorbable properties, are conducted by liquid infiltration method. Properties of manufactured alloys and composites are determined by using structural and functional tests based on the service conditions.
-Manual Hydraulic Press (15 metric ton)
-Ball Mill, RETSCH PM100
-Shaker Mixer, Turbula T2F
-Controlled Atmosphere Furnace, Proterm, PTF 14-75-450
-Glove Box, LABCONCO.
Ezgi Bütev Öcal (Ph.D. Candidate)
Ph.D.:Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, METU (2015-ongoing) M.Sc.:Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, METU, 2015 B.Sc.:Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, METU, 2012 Tel: (312) 233 23 30 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Office: N-C09
Merve Nur Doğu (Graduate Student)
M.Sc.:Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, METU, (2016-ongoing), M.Sc.: Materials Science and Engineering, METU, 2016. Email:email@example.com
Güney Mert Bilgin (Ph.D. Candidate)
Doktora:Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, METU (2016-devam ediyor) M.Sc.:Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, METU, 2016 Lisans:Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, İTÜ, 2015
1) G. M. Bilgin, Z. Esen , Ş. K. Akın , A. Dericioğlu. “Optimization of the mechanical properties of Ti-6Al-4V alloy fabricated by selective laser melting using thermohydrogen processes” Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2017. 700. 574-582.
2) S. Atabay, Z. Esen , A. Dericioğlu. “Effect of Sn Alloying on the Diffusion Bonding Behavior of Al-Mg-Si Alloys” Journal of Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A_Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science. 2017. 48A. 3181-3187.
3) N. Rona, M. Yenisey, G. Kucukturk, H. Gurun, C. Cogun, Z. Esen. “Effect of electrical discharge machining on dental Y-TZP ceramic-resin bonding”. Journal of Prosthodontic Research. 2017. 61. 158-167.
4) Z. Esen, E. Bütev, M. S. Karakaş. “A comparative study on biodegradation and mechanical properties of pressureless infiltrated Ti/Ti6Al4V-Mg composites”. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 63, 273-286. (2016)
1) TÜBİTAK 1005: 3-boyutlu Elektron Demeti Eritme (EDE) Yöntemiyle Ti6Al4V Alaşım Parçalarının Üretimi ve İkincil işlemleri (öneri durumunda)